We are still enjoying the news of our investment announcement and collaboration with TQ Olympo last Friday, July 1st.
After a week from our announcement, some press media are still echoing about this great news, which is the beginning point to a fantastic and hopefully prolific agreement.
We are still talking about this announcement with our colleagues and investors, and you can read more about it in our article from last week and watch the teaser below: https://www.linkedin.com/embeds/publishingEmbed.html?articleId=7842242461686954538&li_theme=light
But as I’ve said this is only the beginning and TQ and Belobaba are going to work together to lead and bring to esports and cryptos the best of each of these worlds that are destined to understand and even depend on each other.
A few months ago, I wrote about how blockchain was starting to be introduced in teams and how those could take advantage of that technology, but what could the blockchain and cryptocurrencies learn and add to their sector.
As you can see in the picture above, from Ubeat last week, esports is reaching out to millions of people every year. People are every day in contact with the Internet and with the need to consume and engage not only with their “team”, but also with contents, gamings and new experiences such as augmented reality, AR.
And here is the question, who are these people? They are the fans and supporters of the teams. Teams have the opportunity to engage with them and find new ways of following beyond merchandising. For example, NFT 2.0, evolving these NFTs when users give likes to their players.
Also it’s possible to define news loyalty or incentive models , such as:
- Viewers of eSports receive rewards for their participation.
- They sign-up to an eSports broadcast service.
- Viewers of the tournaments
- They earn loyalty points using cryptocurrencies or NFTs.
- Unlike traditional loyalty points, viewers can exchange cryptocurrencies for fiat currencies in crypto exchanges that trade in them.
- Alternatively, they can trade these for other cryptocurrencies.
- They can also hold on to these digital assets expecting a future appreciation in their value.
If we are talking about streaming and rewards for watching, there are two important projects involved:
- Verasity. They are looking to create an entirely new experience in esports, adtech and digital rights management. In its white paper we can read a little bit more about them: Verasity is a rapidly growing blockchain-enabled company across the ad tech, Esports, and video entertainment industry. With patents secured in both the U.S. (USA Patent #10956931) and China for its revolutionary Proof of View (PoV) technology, Verasity is developing proprietary technology that helps eliminate ad fraud across video advertising channels. Verasity is already a revenue-generating project through growing ad revenue, with several product verticals actively deployed and used by enterprise clients. Verasity’s core mission is to significantly increase engagement and advertising revenues for video publishers on any video platform. Verasity—through its VeraViews ad tech stack and PoV technology—significantly increase advertising revenues for video publishers on any video platform. The VeraViews ad stack utilizes Verasity’s patented protocol layer on the VeraChain blockchain, ensuring transparency and immutability for both advertisers and publishers within the Verasity ecosystem.
- Theta. Next generation video and entertainment blockchain powered by you. In its white paper we can read a little bit more about them: Theta Network is the next generation media and entertainment focused blockchain. Theta infrastructure enables existing video and media platforms to drive incremental revenues and reduce content delivery CDN costs while rewarding end-users for sharing their storage and/or bandwidth on any PC, mobile, Smart TV or IoT device. Theta supports Turing complete smart contracts and is fully compatible with Ethereum. This enables a wide range of interesting Web3 applications to be built on the Theta Network. Examples include non-fungible tokens (NFT), decentralized exchanges (DEX/DeFi), and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAO), which could become indispensable building blocks of the next generation media and entertainment platforms.
We cannot forget the current situation of teams where mostly of them are surviving by sponsorships and in that way news is constantly coming out about it :
- Coinbase renews their agreement with BIG.
- Vivo Keyd announces blockchain partnership with Liqi
- MIBR partners with crypto exchange Bybit
From @Belobaba, we believe cryptocurrencies and eSports are a great pairing that can, and must help each other to grow together by bringing the best of each other.
They are two sectors where the long-awaited adoption is long overdue to allow both to grow and for institutional money to come in.
And finally let me share some pictures from our announcement last week. Enjoy it!