The annual Crypto Hedge Fund report from PwCElwood & AIMA – The Alternative Investment Management Association is now live and available publicly on our website:
We’re very pleased to have contributed to PwC 4th Annual Crypto Hedge Fund Report.
Once again, the report functions as a census for dedicated digital asset funds covering AuM, exposures, terms and more (a must read for those launching or allocating to the space) as well as a look at how the legacy hedge fund industry is adding exposure.
A few key takeaways from this second AIMA chapter:
– Approximately one in three of “traditional” hedge funds surveyed are currently investing in digital assets, compared to one in five when we surveyed last year.
– Of those hedge funds who are invested in digital assets, 57% have a toe-hold position with less than 1% of their total hedge fund AuM invested.
– Two thirds of those hedge funds (67%) who are currently investing in digital assets intend to deploy more capital into the asset class by the end of 2022.
– 29% of hedge fund managers who are not yet investing in digital assets confirmed that they are in late-stage planning to invest or looking to invest.
– Regulatory and tax uncertainty continues to be the greatest barrier to investing (cited by 83% of respondents).